Our delicious Southside Cocktail was featured in the February issue of Devon Life magazine. Have you tried it yet? It’s a little Devonshire twist on a Rum Southside cocktail crafted using Devon Rum Co’s Spiced Rum and our sparkling spring water.
Ingredients – serves 6
- 12 large mint leaves, plus 4 large sprigs
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 120ml freshly squeezed lime juice (approx. 4 limes)
- 120ml simple syrup (1:1 water and sugar)
- 240ml Devon Rum Co spiced rum
- 330ml Devonia sparkling water
- 1/8tsp salt
- Large handful of ice, plus more for serving
- Add the mint leaves and 2 lime wedges into a pitcher and muddle them (if you don’t have a muddler, a long-handled wooden spoon will do).
- Add the lime juice, simple syrup, rum and ice and stir 40 times (exactly, we’re counting!) with a long-handled cocktail spoon (or your trusty wooden spoon).
- Add the sparkling water and salt and stir well.
- For each drink, fill a tumbler half full with ice, add a mint sprig and a wedge of lime, and pour your cocktail.
- Stir gently and serve ice cold.
Photo credit: Steven Haywood / Location: Harbour Beach Club, South Sands